Minute April 6, 2008
Minutes of 4/06/08 Meeting:
Meeting started at 1:15 pm.
Board Members in attendance:
1) Update on NAFA Activities:
- Welcome to Paul as new board member.
- New Years next Saturday. We will have the area downstairs and this room reserved for the event.
- Treasure, VP and Secretary to speak at the New Years celebration.
2) Brat Fest
- May 31st Weekend.
3) Summer Picnic
- Festge County Park July 12th 10 am- 10 pm. Cost is $87.
- Still need to coordinate food and activities. Will do that at the next meeting.
4) Gift Wrap
- Must get reserve the hours immediately when informed. It's on a first come, first serve basis.
- Dates closer to Christmas are better.
- We will give out 3 scholarships for $500 each.
- NAFA membership required.
- Pratima to coordinate with Paul.
- Amber Ault will be the independent selector. She will be given free invite to Dashain for her help.
- Scholarship can be used anywhere after high school for tuition. (4 year or tech college)
- Last year winners not eligible.
- Checks will be written to the students.
- Badger Ridge Middle School tentatively reserved for Oct 11th. We still have to wait till they officially start reserving for the fall.
- Manona Community Center is fallback.
- American Family is the title sponsor. They are expecting something nice.
7) New Years
- $10 per person for friends and people that don't bring food.
- We will come pick up auction items. We will send out one more email with the drop off sites.
- Paul will organize cleanup.
- NAFA will pay for crockeries.
- Review By-Laws to see if we need any changes.
- Change to re-election By-Laws will be brought up during the New Years full membership meeting.
Next meeting April 27th.
If there are any deletions or additions to these minutes please contact me and I will make corrections.
Respectfully submitted by:
Mark Grandau - Executive Secretary
Nepali American Friendship Association