Minute June 29, 2008
Minutes of 6/29/08 Meeting:
Meeting started at 12:30 pm.
Board Members in attendance:
1) Secretaries Report:
- By-Laws needs exact wording to revise By-Laws with election change rule.
2) Treasurers Report:
- Bratfest made $580
3) Board Membership
- The board approved Archana Shrestha resignation.
- We need more board members. We will appeal to the general membership at large.
- We have board members that are unable to make the Sunday afternoon meetings. Would it help if the meetings were earlier 9am on Saturday or Sunday or perhaps a weekday night? Would it be better if the meetings were more regular, for example 3 Saturday of every month? We are looking for input from the board members. Please respond to Krishna. Would it be better if the meetings were more regular, for example 3 Saturday of every month.
4) Indian Association (AIA) Picnic, July 19th at Burrows Park
- If members attend as NAFA members, NAFA may be asked to share part of the bill.
5) Summer Picnic
- Approximate head count is 80.
- Call list was divided to confirm those that have not yet responded.
- Paul is on pots and pans. If anyone needs anything contact him.
- Paul is also the goat man.
- Menu and various items needed were discussed.
- The cost will be as follows:
- Monona Community Center has been reserved with $350. If we change location 100% of funds can be recouped if done before 1 month of date.
- To prevent the appearance of potential conflict of interest Paul will not be on the committee. Any other board members wishing to participate please let Krishna know.
8) Children's Program
- Saturday August 23rd.
- One idea is for kids to paint a banner that we can display at our functions.
If there are any deletions or additions to these minutes please contact me and I will make corrections.
Respectfully submitted by:
Mark Grandau - Executive Secretary
Nepali American Friendship Association
Members $10, children (age 13-18) $5, 12 and under free.
Cost to member family not to exceed $35.
Non-member $12, children (age 13-18) $8, 12 and under free.
No family cap.