Minute June 8, 2008
Minutes of 6/08/08 Meeting:
Meeting started at 1:15 pm.
Board Members in attendance:
1) Secretaries Report:
- By-Laws needs exact wording to revise By-Laws with election change rule.
1) Treasurers Report:
- Bank Balance: $1206 + 10,000 CD.
- We need to close and report on the final numbers for New Years.
2) Indian Association (AIA) Picnic
- Picnic will be July 19th at Burrows Park.
- Because it follows are picnic by a week wee will not be participating as an organization.
- The AIA invitation to attend the picnic will be extended to our membership. They may attend if they wish.
3) ANA Convention
- Convention will be in Baltimore on July 4th.
- Mark will send email to see if anyone from NAFA wishes to attend and represent NAFA.
4) Summer Picnic
- Email soliciting members to sign-up will go out.
- Members should respond by 6/22 so we can get a head count.
- Discussed menu.
- Setup will begin at 11:00.
- Anju and Naresh will Co-chair the picnic.
- Dinar Shrestha to organize the poetry reading.
- To be consistent with last years costs.
From last years minutes:
5) Discussion of helping purchase PA for Mayalu Band
- Decided we would rather purchase new then used. We need more information.
6) Guru-ji's visit -Nijananda Malla
- Sorry but we did not have enough time to evaluate the request.
- Application requires 1 year prior membership before applying.
- Confirm Paul Benjamin is on Scholarship Committee with Pratima.
8) Children's Program
- Tabled till after picnic.
- No update.
Next meeting June 29th.
If there are any deletions or additions to these minutes please contact me and I will make corrections.
Respectfully submitted by:
Mark Grandau - Executive Secretary
Nepali American Friendship Association
Members $10, children 11 and older $5
Cost to member family not to exceed $25
Nonmember $15, children 11 and over $8
Cost to family not to exceed $35
Children 10 and under are free