Minute May 04, 2013
NAFA Meeting Minute
Minute written by: Santosh Lamichhane
1. NAFA Board unanimously decided to work under the leadership of President Archana Dwa.
2. NAFA board nominated and appointed Surendra Prajapati as Public Relations Officer.
3. NAFA board added Abiskar Bharati and Narendra Thapa as board members.
4. NAFA board decided to host ex-NAFA members and officers for simple mixture with new board. Date and Venue will be fixed once everyone's availability and venue is fixed.
5. NAFA board decided that NAFA needs to revisit its purpose and mission according to new dynamics in the community. According to Vice-President Purna Shrestha's suggestion, the board formed a three-member committee of Archana Dwa, Purna Shrestha, and Santosh Lamichhane to organize a workshop/brainstorming session. Purna Shrestha will be contacting Mr. Bharat Acharya to bring him on board to seek his expertise in vision and strategy formulation. The committee will draft a newly thought out purpose and mission and present it to board for approval.
6. Budget for year 2013-2014 was presented by Treasurer Himal Regmi and passed by the board.
7. Brat Fest is near and all board members are encouraged to volunteer and help Co-ordinator Rajeev Karna for its success.
8. Picnic Venue is decided as Blue Mounds Park (on June 29). Purna Sherstha will be the co-ordinator of this event. A list of high school students graduating this year will be made by Santosh Lamichhane for awarding engraved pens as token of appreciation.
9. Tentative date set for next meeting is June 1.